Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cup cold water
- ½ cup kimchi, chopped
- 1 egg
- 8 to 10 stalks green onions, sliced into 2-inch segments
- canola oil
For dipping sauce:
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp sesame seeds
- Whisk flour, salt, and cold water together in medium-sized bowl.
Mixture should not be thick but pourable. Add water as needed.
- Chop kimchi. Add to mixture.
- Beat egg in mixture.
- Slice green onions diagonally into 2-inch segments.
- Brush skillet with oil. Heat over medium. Add ¼ of the mixture to the skillet.
Make sure it spreads out evenly as a thin layer. Add ¼ of the green onion pieces.
- Cook until batter looks firm on the top and slightly brown on the bottom. Flip and cook the other side.
Each side should take 3 to 4 minutes on medium heat.
- Repeat steps 5 through 6.
While the pancakes cook, prepare the dipping sauce.
- In a small sauce bowl, combine soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, and sesame seeds.
- Mince garlic. Add to the sauce bowl.
- Stir and let set.
Eat warm right away or reheat later! This recipe is a great way to use up any green onions you have lying. I love the kimchi and egg in the mix.