Based on a recipe from Midwest Living
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Servings: 3 to 4
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 3 chicken breasts, shredded
- ½ cup roasted red sweet peppers, chopped
- 4 pita
For the spread:
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place chicken breasts in pan with 1/4 cup of water. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes until chicken is cooked thoroughly. Let cool and then shred.
- Slice cucumber.
- Wash baby spinach.
- Chop roasted red sweet peppers.
In the meantime, prepare the spread.
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt and feta cheese.
- Chop chives. Add to mixture.
- Mince garlic. Add to mixture.
- Add pepper. Mix ingredients.
- Warm pita for 10 seconds in a microwave. Add spread to one side of pita.
- Add spinach, cucumber slices, roasted red pepper, and chicken.
- Fold in half and serve.
I found jars of roasted red sweet peppers at Trader Joe’s. Probably you can also find these at American or international grocery stores. I used plain Greek yogurt.