Based on recipe from the Moosewood Restaurant
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Servings: 2 to 4
- 1 acorn squash
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- sprinkle of nutmeg or cinnamon (optional
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly butter 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. Cut each half crosswise into 1/2-inch slices.
- Arrange squash slices in single layer on baking pan.
- Melt the butter. Add the brown sugar and nutmeg or cinnamon. Stir. Set aside.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until softened.
- Turn over slices. Brush on butter mixture. Bake for another 5 minutes.
Typically, I cut acorn squash into halves and cook it that way. I was intrigued by cutting the acorn squash into slices instead. It’s perfect if you want some acorn squash but don’t want to eat an entire half.