Based on recipe on my recipes website
Prep time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- ¼ cup tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 heads romaine
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, finely sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
- tortilla chips
- Combine all ingredients for the vinaigrette in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Wash and tear romaine into small pieces.
- Combine romaine, tomato, bell pepper, red onion, cheese, and black beans in a lidded container.
- Add vinaigrette to container and shake well.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
I wondered if this vinaigrette would work with the salad, black beans, and chips. To my delight, it did. I love the fact that I found another tasty recipe for black beans and avocado. Make sure not to add the chips until right before serving individual portions.