Based on recipe from www.cookinglight.com
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- ½ tsp fresh thyme, stemmed and chopped
- 10 ounces plain artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 5 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and thyme. Sauté 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add artichokes. Sauté 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Add broth and quinoa. Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook 18 minutes or until liquid is completely absorbed.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in parsley, lemon juice.
- Serve warm or at room temperature
This is a quick, easy-to-make, and healthy side dish. I use canned artichoke hearts but you can use frozen too. The original recipe called for fresh lemon juice and zest, but for convenience, I usually just add bottled lemon juice. Definitely use kosher salt, which has a little bit larger granules than table salt, and fresh thyme and parsley. (I often stem, wash, and freeze fresh herbs and then pull them out from the freezer when I need them for dishes.)