Based on recipe on Food website
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 4 eggs
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 green onions, sliced and separated between white and green parts
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Dice tomatoes.
- Slice green onions. Keep white and green parts separate.
- In small bowl, mix cornstarch with 1 1/2 tsp of water.
- Beat eggs together. Add salt, white parts of green onions, and sesame oil. Mix well.
- Add olive oil to skillet and heat to medium. Add egg mixture. Stir and break into pieces as the eggs cook. Remove from skillet before completely cooked.
- Add olive oil to skillet and heat to medium. Add tomatoes, rice vinegar, and sugar. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add egg mixture, green parts of green onions, and cornstarch mixture. Cook and mix until no longer watery, about 2 minutes.
This Chinese dish is a good alternative to typical American scrambled eggs. Recently I have used 4 Roma tomatoes with 4 eggs, but you can use any type of tomato.